We sure missed a LOT. Last post was on September 2011, we’ve been busy (I know that’s not an excuse and that is not) with school most of the time and summer work. Now we’re waiting for out brother that’ll come this August. Excited!Many things had happened, I just graduated from my one year program and going to a four years program next this September. All fresh, all fresh. Now that we’re in the summer we have more time to cook. Most of the time we cook for lunch for work but it’s still better than nothing. About the around the world project, it is hard to get back on it again since now we’re partly veggies, just because we want to try it. But sometimes we have a bit of meat. Ok, that’s cheating haha. Oh well, since then we’ve explore a wider range of recipes here and there, it was quite interesting, a lot of experiments and experiments are always fun!
We have a bunch of photos and recipes to share stack up, but I choose to share this apple pie recipe for a sweet comeback (Yes I’m trying to lure you guys to come back to us, and newcomers of course). I’m always been a huge huge fan of an apple pie. Those sweet juicy caramelized apple inside, they just make my mouth happy. So one day I search up how to make, I always thought it’s super hard making pies but I found a really good easy simple recipe for a lazy bum like us.. or just me. Okay it’s just me. But it’s definitely worth to try!
- 2 Apples
- 100g sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 120-130g chilled flour
- 100g butter (chilled)
- 50-60ml ice water
- egg yolk
- To make the filling, cut out the apples into slices, bite size, not to big not to small (it’s up to you if you want to peel it, I peel the apple)
- Put it in a frying pan, medium heat, add sugar, simmer until the sugar becomes liquid and the apple become soft and tender (15-20 min)
- Put it in the fridge.
- Making the dough you will need to sift the chilled flour and add blocks of chilled butter, mix them but try to make it rough, don’t mix too much, add the ice water bit by bit while mixing just to keep it cool. I personally didn’t use all the water, just see for the good consistency. Once it mixed you still should be see the butter here and there since the mix is rough (it’ll look like crumbs and flaky). Put it in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour you can take it out and start to knead it with rolling pin, just broad it out, fold it, and do the same process for about 4-6 times. You’ll see the difference, it’ll look more smooth. Put it in the fridge again for about 20 min.
- Divide the dough into two parts, flatten it and use the half for the bottom crust. Add crushed cookies or crushed biscuit for the bottom part.
- Add the apple filling on top of it, sprinkle some cinnamon if you like.
- Cut the half dough into strips and this is the fun part..braiding it. If you like. Or you can just cover it like the bottom crust. Up to you.
- Spread some beaten egg yolk on top of it, make the glaze and sexy!
- Put it in the oven, 450 F for about 15 minutes.
Easy piesy as pie. I’m gonna make it again today. Have fun braiding it! Look forward to more of our post!
Recipe got from Runnyrunny999